Shenandoah Hills Store – Bison For Sale
Bison meat has a strong sweet flavor with a high moisture content. It is lean, with a lower fat content than beef, especially saturated fat which is linked to diabetes, heart disease and high cholesterol. There is also a higher proportion of omega-3 fats to omega-6 fats (good fats to bad fats) and higher levels of CLA which has many health benefits; and it has higher levels of Vitamin E which is an antioxidant and is linked with lower risks of cancer and heart disease.
Per 100 Gram (3.5 oz) Serving – Cooked Meat – Updated January 2013
- Bison, separable lean only, cooked, roasted. USDA NDB No. 17157
- Beef, composite of trimmed retail cuts, separable lean only trimmed to 0″ fat, choice, cooked USDA NDB No. 13362
- Beef, composite of trimmed retail cuts, separable lean only trimmed to 0″ fat, select, cooked USDA NDB 13366
- Chicken, broilers or fryers, meat only, roasted NSDA NDB No. 05013
- Salmon, sockeye, cooked, dry heat USDA NDB No. 15086
Here at Shenandoah Hills Campground we’ve been selling bison meat for about 15 years. We buy meat from members of the Eastern Bison Association and the National Bison Association; currently we have 3 suppliers.
Generally we carry a variety of meat cuts, including burger, patties, short ribs, roasts, ginger maple sausage links, ribeye steaks, sirloin steaks, NY strip steaks, summer sausage, stew meat, cube steak and hot dogs. The meat is labeled as to cut and supplier and kept frozen. Two flavors of jerky are also available.
We also carry cookbooks, information pamphlets, recipe cards and some gift items. Our new coffee mugs are just gorgeous!
We’re open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, starting at 9am and can be reached at 540.948.4186.
Stop in and see what we have!